Stay in touch with Suffolk Public Schools by using our brand new mobile app.
“Connecting with families where they are is important. Today’s parents prefer mobile technology, and for that reason, we expect this new mobile app to strengthen communication between families and schools,” said Bethanne Bradshaw, Public Information & Community Relations Officer for Suffolk Public Schools. “Research shows students do better in school when their families are involved. We hope this new communication tool will encourage more parents to participate in school activities, to share ideas with decision-makers, and to reach out more easily if their child needs help.”
Download on your mobile device today to receive:
- Convenience on the Go … One-stop spot to receive emergency notifications, calendar events, school menus, and links to Home Access Center, School Bus Tracker, Volunteer Connect, and more.
- Personalized Communication … You select which school(s) you want to access.Connect to one or more news feeds or calendars all in one place.
- Quick Access … Visit the “Schools” section for quick access to your school’s phone number, website information, and location map.Click to call or visit the website right from the app.
- Up-to-Date Information … Check out the latest district-wide and school news all in one place.Stay in the loop with what’s happening in Suffolk Public Schools and at your child’s school.
- Push Notifications … Select “yes” when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the division and your school.Learn quickly about cancelled events, schedule changes, and other reminders.
- Calendar Coordination … Add events to your personal calendar directly from the “Events” section on the app.
In April, Suffolk Public Schools launched its new division and school websites. The mobile app pulls information directly from those sites.
The new web face is more than just a simple visual makeover. The redesign goes deeper, and:
- Replaces outdated web technology with current functions expected by web visitors
- Delivers news and information in a more concise, consistent fashion
- Provides easier-to-read format including “quick links” to the most popular content
- Allows web content to be responsive so easily navigated on any mobile device, such as a tablet or cell phone
- Meets federal ADA compliance making information accessible to individuals with disabilities
- Provides alternate language options for families with English Language Learners
- Offers a robust Search tool to locate keyword content
- Delivers emergency messages to all school websites simultaneously
- Offers freshly picked SPS videos to all school sites at the same time and places them as part of front-page news
- Adds links to division and school social media accounts, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Connects to automated notification system to send announcements by phone, email, text, and now by mobile app
Suffolk Public Schools is expanding its relationship with School Messenger, which has provided the division’s parent notification system since 2012. School Messenger will now be hosting and providing support for the new websites, mobile app and notification system, allowing parents to receive automated announcements by phone, email, text, and now by mobile app.