As a leader of an organization dedicated to community service, Girls on the Run Hampton Roads would like to invite you and the members of your organization to support the 800-plus girls from all over Hampton Roads participating in our Spring program.
At Girls on the Run we inspire girls to recognize their inner strength and celebrate what makes them one of a kind. Trained coaches lead small teams through our research-based curricula which includes dynamic discussions, activities and running games. Over the course of the ten-week program, girls in 3rd-8th grade develop essential skills to help them navigate their worlds and establish a lifetime appreciation for health and fitness. The program culminates with girls positively impacting their communities through a service project and being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K event. Visit the website: www.gotrshr.org
We are in need of 5K Volunteers for Sunday, May 20 at Virginia Wesleyan University. Groups are welcome and may volunteer together in the same capacity.
Suffolk Public Schools currently has teams at Driver, Mack Benn, Northern Shores and Pioneer for a total of 64 girls this season. All of our elementary schools have had a team for at least one season in the last 5 years.
GOTR event coordinators are in dire need of a total of 30 Course Marshals, assigned to parts of the course to ensure runner safety and that they follow the correct course path – easy job but it the most important! Also, eight (8) EXPERIENCED Face Painters are needed.
Here are some of the many ways you can volunteer:
- Cape Ceremony 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Cheer Station – General 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Course Marshal 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
- Face Painting 11:30 am – 3:00 pm (Experience Required)
- Finish Line Food 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Finish Line Medals 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- General Volunteer 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Happy Hair 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Inflatable Attendant for Bounce House 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Information Tent 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Merchandise Tent 11:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Set Up Crew 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Water Stop 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Take Down Crew 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Register to volunteer here:
Be a part of the magic and leave inspired by the enthusiasm which is undeniably contagious. Thank you in advance for your support!
For more information, contact:
Barbara Patterson Oden (in SAO)
Girls on the Run Hampton Roads