Click on the headline to find links to additional information about the new health benefit options.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Health Benefit Options
- Healthkeepers 80-20 HMO Plan
- Healthkeepers 90-10 HMO Plan
- KeyCare PPO Plan
- Lumenos High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account
The 2017-18 proposed budget include changes to employee health benefits — starting in January 2018.
Recommendations from the SPS Employee Health Benefits Advisory Committee focused on the goal of maintaining the best quality Health Benefit coverage possible for all employees, which included:
- Developing a philosophy of funding for Health benefits that addresses how sharing plan costs between employer and employee occurs and make it as equitable as possible among staff;
- Deciding on specific plan changes to offer employees choices, based on funding, Affordable Care Act constraints (Types of plans/changes to current plans), and comparability with Regional Health plan offerings.
Click here for the full presentation from the committee, including comparisons to other divisions and implications for the SPS 2017-18 operating budget.
Scoll down for a printable comparison of recommended benefit plan offerings.
22018 Health Benefit Offerings
- Add – HMO plan 80/20 (comparable to Region II)
- Add – High Deductible, low cost plan with Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Grandfather in current HMO 90/10
- Benefit to employees will be no higher than HMO80/20 plan
- Grandfather in current PPO plan
Employee Choices for 2018
NEW High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP):
- Employees can choose to pay LESS as a deduction from their pay BUT must understand that they will have costs out of pocket when/if they need health care for non-preventative care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Offer a 1st year matching savings up to $1,400 to assist employees in saving for high deductible
NEW HMO 80/20:
- Deduction from paycheck is slightly higher than current 90/10 plan
- Out of Pockets are substantially lower than current 90/10 plan
- 80/20 Coverage is comparable to Region II plans offered
CURRENT HMO 90/10:
- Employees currently on the plan have choice to stay but payroll deduction costs are MUCH higher on this rich plan
- Coverage, deductibles, and Out-of-Pocket amounts remain the same as current year
- Employees may choose to go to a less expensive plan and that choice would be irrevocable
CURRENT Key Care PPO:
- Employees currently on the plan have choice to stay but payroll deduction costs are MUCH higher on this rich plan with out of network coverage
- Coverage, deductibles, and out-of–pockets remain the same as current year
- Employees may choose to go to a lower plan but that choice is irrevocable